|
|
A wise candidate should have the media in hand.^一个明智的候选人应该把传媒控制在手中。
The project is in hand and will be completed soon.^工程正在进行中, 不久就会完工。
I got up later and went to school in haste.^我起晚了, 匆匆赶到学校。
On the trip to Hawaii, we were all in high spirits.^在去夏威夷的旅途中, 我们都很开心。
The monument is in honor of a scientist.^那座纪念碑是为纪念一位科学家而建的。
I had a nightmare and cried out in horror.^我做了一个恶梦, 惊恐地大叫。
I said in jest I would marry Jim.^我开玩笑说要嫁给吉姆。
Tom said it in joke.^汤姆是开玩笑说的。
His coat is not in keeping with the trousers.^他的外套和裤子不相配。
The steel works has been supplying us with raw material in large quantities.^在过去的两年中, 那家钢铁厂一直提供给我们原材料。
The river is 300 kilometers in length.^那条河长300公里。
I arrived at that city at length.^我最终到达了那个城市。
He gave us an I.O.U. in lieu of cash.^他以一张欠条代替现金付给我们。
I am in luck these days and everything goes well.^这些天我运气好, 一切都进行得很顺利。
We named the lake Rebecca in memory of her.^为了纪念她, 我们把这个湖命名为"丽贝卡"。
A friend in need is a friend indeed.^患难朋友才是真朋友。
If you are in need of anything, don't hesitate to let me know.^如果你需要什么, 尽管对我说。
In no case should a government officer take bribes.^政府官员决不能受贿。
You can cheat in no circumstances.^在任何情况下你都不能欺骗。
I am in no mood for chatting with you.^我没心情和你聊天。
In no respect can he be looked upon as a good husband.^无论在哪一方面他都不能被看作是个好丈夫。
He will come back in no time.^他很快就会回来的。
You can in no way surrender.^你绝不能投降。
All of the soldiers should be in obedience to the commander's orders.^所有的士兵都应该服从指挥官的命令。
I made all these troubles in your behalf.^我是为了你才找这么多麻烦的。
Maintenance of PC is in my element.^我对电脑的维修保养很在行。
You should not criticize him so harshly in his face.^你不应该当面这么严厉地批评他。
The score was 3 to 1 in our favor.^比分为3比1, 对我方有利。
I sent him a present in his brother's name.^我以他兄弟的名义送了他一件礼物。
In my opinion, what he said is not true at all.^依我看来, 他说的一点也不真实。
Everyone has the right to live in his own way.^每人都有权按自己的方式生活。
The villa is in the mayor's possession.^那幢别墅属镇长所有。
Legislation is not in the President's power.^立法不是总统的权力。
When I was in my teens, I liked playing football.^少年时我喜欢踢足球。
Those who are in opposition to the bill put up your hand.^反对该议案的人举手。
In order that we might get there on time, we should set out early.^为了及时赶到那里, 我们应该早些出发。
In order to earn enough money, he worked late into the night.^为了赚到足够的钱, 他工作到深夜。
His wife is my daughter, in other words, I am his mother-in-law.^他妻子是我女儿, 换句话讲, 我是他的岳母。
The novel is written in part by my grandmother.^小说的一部分是我祖母写的。
Among all the merchandise, I was interested in the cotton piece in particular.^在所有商品中, 我对棉布特别感兴趣。
All the villagers live together in peace.^所有村民都和睦相处。
I will go to fetch it in person.^我将亲自去取它。
She is delicate and pretty in person.^她长得娇柔美丽。
Before you leave the office, everything should be put in place.^在离开办公室之前, 应把所有物品摆放好。
I don't think his advice in place.^我认为他的意见不正确。
Of all the consultants, only Mr. Wang gave us some proposals in point.^所有的顾问当中, 只有王先生提了一些中肯的建议。
Twenty years ago, his father was very rich and was in possession of a farm.^二十年前, 他父亲很富, 有一个农场。
It was quite useless in practice.^实际上, 这个一点用也没有。
The board of directors approved the project in principle.^董事会原则上同意这个项目。
We can talk about this matter in private.^我们只能私下谈论这个话题。
In proportion to the number of students we should build 3 dining rooms.^按学生人数, 我们应该建三个餐厅。
Great changes are in prospect in this area due to foreign investment.^因为外资的引进, 该地区会发生很大变化。
In prospect of increase in demand, we should operate at full capacity.^预计需求会有很大增长, 我们应该开足马力生产。
It's the bad manner to spit in public.^当众吐痰是不礼貌的行为。
We work hard in pursuit of happy life.^我们为追求幸福生活而努力工作。
Walking in the street, I often see beggars in rags.^走在街上时, 我经常可以看到一些衣衫褴褛的乞丐。
Love is sometimes put in range with a career.^人们往往认为爱情和事业是并驾齐驱的。
In reality, things always happen out of expectation.^现实中, 事情总是出乎意料地发生。
The plan is feasible in reason but impractical.^这个计划道理上行得通, 但不现实。
He was rewarded in recognition of his service.^他的贡献得到认可而受到嘉奖。
We have reached an agreement with him in regard to the shipment.^我们已经就装运问题同他达成协议。
I have nothing to say in relation to that matter.^关于那件事, 我没什么好说的。
In remembrance of the battle, we set up a museum.^为纪念那次战役, 我们建立了一座博物馆。
In reply to your inquiry, we have sent you our latest price list.^为答复你方的询价, 我们寄去了最新的价格单。
In respect of financial standing, this firm is reliable.^在资信方面, 这家商行还是很可靠的。
In response to their hospitality, we wrote a thank-you note.^为回报他们的热情, 我们写了一封感谢信。
I sent him a present in return for his help.^我送给他一份礼物以回报他的帮助。
The invader laid towns and villages in ruins.^入侵者把村镇变为废墟。
The scientists are in search of a new element.^科学家们正在寻找一种新元素。
The style of this skirt is just in season.^这条裙子的款式正当时令。
It is said President has escaped to the border in secret.^据说总统已经秘密逃往边境了。
Put the mixed historical facts in sequence.^将混淆的历史事件按顺序排列。
In short, I am interested in all of the sports.^简而言之, 我对一切运动都感兴趣。
An island is coming in sight.^一个小岛已逐渐可见。
I could not stand it in silence any more and disclosed it to my best friend.^我再也不能默默忍受, 把这件事告诉了我的好朋友。
The universe exists in space.^宇宙存在于太空。
In spite of the bad weather, we went fishing.^我们不顾恶劣的天气而去钓鱼。
The grocer's has plenty varieties of goods in stock.^杂货商有种类繁多的存货。
Mother has something delicious in store for me.^妈妈准备了好吃的东西给我。
Tragedy is in store for that poor girl from the beginning.^从一开始, 那个女孩的悲剧就是不可避免的。
Her clothes are always in style.^她的衣服总是很时髦。
He opened his eyes wide in surprise.^他吃惊地睁大了眼睛。
He often talks about his girlfriend in terms of love.^他经常用充满爱意的语言谈论他的女朋友。
In terms of finance, Company A has great advantage.^从财力方面讲, A 公司有很大优势。
In the absence of Mr. Jackson, we held a meeting.^在杰克逊先生不在的情况下, 我们开了会。
We are in the absence of experience.^我们缺乏经验。
It is in the air that there will be a typhoon this week.^有传言说这星期将有台风。
The supermarket is just in the corner of the street.^超市就在街角。
In the course of your absence, many stories happened.^在你不在期间, 发生了很多事。
The girl is in the custody of her aunt after her parents' death.^自从她的父母去世后, 那个女孩受她的姨母保护。
I couldn't tell what it was in the dark.^黑暗中我看不清那东西是什么。
Don't leave me in the dark.^别把我蒙在鼓里。
We work in the day and rest at night.^我们白天工作晚上休息。
We can't see stars in the daytime.^我们不能在白天看到星星。
In the default of one player we have to take the little boy as our team member.^因为缺乏一名运动员我们只好叫这个小男孩做我们的队员。
We saw a house in the distance.^我们看到远处有幢房子。
After many years of hard work, he won the award in the end.^经过许多年的努力, 他最后终于获得了大奖。
In the event of exam, we cannot go swimming today.^假如考试, 我们今天就不能去游泳。
The small city has the climate that is changeable in the extreme.^这座小城有变化多端的存货。
We should hold on in the face of hardships.^在困难面前我们应该坚持。
I only heard of the story in the far past.^我只是在很久以前听说过这件事。
He has got brilliant achievements in the field of physics.^他在物理学方面已经取得了巨大成就。
I am a teacher in the first place and a writer in the next place.^我首先是一个教师, 其次才是一个作家。
In time of aristocracy, people's fates are not in the hands of themselves.^贵族统治时代人们的命运并不掌握在自己手中。
I went back to that shop in the hope of finding him waiting there.^我回到那家商店, 希望他在那等我。
We entered into this contract in the interests of both parties.^我们为了双方的利益签订这项合同。
None of the students except Jim is in the know of the exam.^除了吉姆, 学生们谁都不知道考试的事。
He is not interested in math in the least.^他对数学一点都不感兴趣。
In the long run, one should save money for emergencies.^从长远看, 应该存钱以备不测。
We hope to make great profit in the long term.^我们希望长期获利。
The manager will give details at the meeting in the matter of new plan.^会上经理将谈谈关于新计划的细节。
I like skiing and in the meantime, I know it is very dangerous.^我喜欢滑雪, 同时也知道这非常危险。
A boy rushed into the classroom in the middle of the exam.^考试中间, 有个男孩冲进了教室。
He is standing in the middle of the classroom.^他正站在教室中间。
I would like to give you some advice in the name of a friend.^我愿意以朋友的名义给你一些建议。
Doing exercises in the open air is good for your health.^露天锻炼身体有益你的健康。
Professor Li is absent, I will take the lesson in the place of him.^李教授不在, 我替他上课。
The teacher praised me in the presence of my mother.^老师当着我母亲的面表扬我。
People in the same boat should help each other.^境遇相同的人应该互相帮助。
Plague came in the wake of earthquake.^地震之后紧跟着就是瘟疫。
Don't stand in the way.^闪开, 别挡道。
You understood him in the wrong way.^你错误地理解他了。
His proposition is good in theory but cannot be put into practice.^他的建议在理论上可以, 但不能付诸实现。
They have something in common in this connection.^在这点上, 他们有些共同之处。
The work should be done in this way.^应该这样做工作。
We called the police and they arrived in time.^我们给警署打电话后他们及时赶到了。
Hurry up, or we cannot get to the railway station on time.^快些, 否则我们不能按时赶到火车站了。
Hold out and you will succeed in time.^坚持下去, 你最终会成功的。
In time of depression, there were no enough jobs.^萧条时期, 没有足够的工作机会。
We sent the poor girl a birthday present in token of friendship.^我们送给那个可怜的小女孩一份生日礼物作为友谊的表示。
I kept in touch with my classmates during my journey.^我在旅行期间舆同学们保持联系。
You are always getting yourself in trouble.^你总是给自己找麻烦。
He went to the library in truth last night, but you weren't there.^他昨晚真的去图书馆了, 但是你不在那。
The curtain is not in tune with the atmosphere of the room.^窗帘同房间的气氛不协调。
The students clean the classroom everyday in turn.^学生们每天轮流打扫教室。
The new version of this dictionary is not in use yet.^这本字典的新版本还未通行。
He tried in vain to catch the butterfly on the flower.^他白费力气想抓住停在花上的蝴蝶。
The destination is in view.^终点已经在望。
In view of our long-standing relationship, we agree to allow you a discount.^考虑到我们长期的关系, 我方同意给你方折扣。 |
|