24小时热门版块排行榜    

查看: 2620  |  回复: 14
当前主题已经存档。

Magic_Winds

肯 真 是 个 讨 厌 鬼, 所 以 没 有 人 喜 欢 他。
       
screw around                混       
We don't have time to screw around. We have a deadline to meet.
我 们 没 时 间 混 了, 我 们 要 赶 最 后 的 期 限。

screw loose                脱 线       
Bill must have a screw loose somewhere; he's acting really strangely.
比 尔 必 定 哪 根 筋 不 对, 他 的 举 动 真 奇 怪。
       
screw someone over                欺 负       
After  working  in  the office  for ten years, Alice was fired for  no  apparent reason . How can they screw her over like that?
艾 丽 丝 工 作 了 十 年 之 后, 无 缘 无 故 被 炒 鱿 鱼, 他 们 怎 么 可 以 这 样 欺 负 她 呢?
       
screw up                弄 错       
The hotel screwed up our reservations so we didn't have a room for the night.  
旅 社 把 我 们 预 订 的 房 间 弄 错, 我 们 晚 上 没 有 地 方 可 住 了。

screw you                去 你 的       
Screw you! I don't need you to tell me what to do.
去 你 的! 我 不 需 要 你 告 诉 我 怎 么 做。

scrounge up                想 办 法 获 取       
I'm out of white paper. See if you can scrounge up a few sheets for me.
我 的 白 纸 用 完 了, 能 不 能 替 我 弄 一 些 来。

second guess                猜 测       
Television networks are always trying to second guess the public.
电 视 公 司 总 是 在 预 测 大 众 的 口 味。

sell someone on something                以... 说 服...       
She sold me on her idea. I think it will work.
她 以 她 的 想 法 说 服 了 我, 我 想 那 行 得 通。
       
set oneself up as                做 起... (职 业); 当 起...       
After graduating from college, Larry set himself up as a business man.
大 学 毕 业 后, 拉 里 做 起 生 意 来 了。
       
set someone back                使... 花 费       
That dinner set me back sixty dollars.
那 顿 晚 饭 花 了 我 六 十 元。

shake a leg                赶 快       
Shake a leg! We're already ten minutes late.
快 点! 我 们 已 迟 到 十 分 钟 了。

shape up                表 现 良 好; 乖       
You'd better shape up if you want to stay on.
如 果 你 还 想 留 下 来 的 话 你 最 好 乖 一 点。

sheesh                [讨 厌 的 表 示]       
Sheesh! Can't you do anything by yourself?
嘘! 你 不 能 自 己 做 一 点 事 吗?

shindig                盛 大 的 舞 会       
This is a great shindig! I haven't had this much fun in quite some time.
真 是 个 了 不 起 的 舞 会!我 好 久 没 有 这 么 开 心 了。

shoo-in                常 胜 军       
There's no way he can lose, he's a shoo-in.
他 不 会 输 的, 他 是 一 个 常 胜 军。

shoot from the hip                坦 率 爽 朗; 一 根 肠 子 通 到 底       
I like Mandy because she shoots from the hip.  
我 喜 欢 曼 蒂, 因 为 她 坦 率 爽 朗。
       
short end of the stick                倒 霉       
I'm so unlucky, I always end up with the short end of the stick.
我 运 气 不 佳 老 走 霉 运。

shot,a fair shot                浓 厚 的 希 望       
You have a fair shot at the scholarship.
你 很 有 希 望 得 到 奖 学 金。

show-off                爱 表 现 的 人       
Jim is such a show-off. Who is he trying to impress?        
吉 姆 是 个 爱 表 现 的 人, 他 又 在 向 谁 卖 弄 了?       

shut out                让 对 手 挂 零       
The Tigers shut out the Orioles five to zip.
老 虎 队 以 五 比 零 大 胜 金 鹰 队。

sit tight                耐 心 等 待       
Just sit tight, the doctor will be with you in a minute.
耐 心 等 一 下, 医 生 马 上 就 来 看 你。

skid row                烂 地 区       
If you don't quit drinking, you'll end up sleeping on skid row.
如 果 你 不 戒 酒, 最 后 你 一 定 会 在 这 种 烂 地 区 过 夜。

sleazebag/sleazeball                浑 球       
Walter is a real sleazebag. He comes on the every girl he sees.
沃 特 真 是 个 浑 球, 他 追 每 一 个 他 看 到 的 女 孩。
       
sloshed                酩 酊 大 醉       
Tom's wife was furious when he came home sloshed.
汤 姆 喝 得 烂 醉 回 家, 他 太 太 很 生 气。

small potatoes                1.小 钱 2. 小 角 色; 小 人 物       
1. This is small potatoes compared to the money we are going to make.   
这 和 我 们 将 要 赚 的 钱 比 起 来 简 直 微 不 足 道。
2. I cannot say yes or no. I'm just a small potato.  
我 不 能 决 定, 我 只 是 个 小 角 色。

smart                耍; 对 师 长 无 礼       
1. Don't be smart with me, young man!
别 耍 我 了! 年 轻 人!
2. He was punished for smarting off to the principal.   
他 因 为 对 校 长 无 礼 被 处 罚。

snap out of it                振 作 起 来       
Snap out of it! Why are you feeling sorry for yourself?
振 作 起 来!你 为 何 垂 头 丧 气 呢?

snappy                干 脆 一 点; 直 截 了 当       
Make it snappy !  I don't have all day.
干 脆 一 点!  我 没 有 时 间 耗 下 去 了。

so-so                不 怎 么 样       
The movie I saw last night was so-so. It was not worth the five dollars.  
我 昨 晚 看 的 电 影 并 不 怎 样, 不 值 得 花 五 块 钱。

so what                那 又 怎 样?       
You're right, I don't have a date tonight. So what?   
没 错, 我 今 晚 没 有 约 会, 那 又 怎 样?

sob story                悲 伤 的 事 情       
Her sob story really moved me. It's so sad.
她 悲 伤 的 故 事 非 常 感 动 我, 真 令 人 难 过 呀!

softie                善 良 的 人       
Samantha is such a softie. She doesn't have a mean bone in her.
撒 玛 莎 真 善 良, 她 心 里 没 有 一 丝 恶 意。

spaced out                魂 不 守 舍       
He didn't hear what you said. He's spaced out.
他 没 听 到 你 说 的 话, 他 魂 不 守 舍。

spaz-out/spastic                紧 张, " 鸡 飞 狗 跳"       
Don't spaz-out. It's really no big deal.
别 紧 张, 没 什 么 要 紧。
Take it easy. Don't get spastic.
慢 慢 来,别 紧 张。
       
speechless                (高 兴 得)  说 不 出 话 来       
He was speechless after we told him he had gotten the job.
我 们 告 诉 他 他 得 到 这 份 工 作 时, 他 高 兴 得 说 不 出 话 来。

spill the beans                泄 露 秘 密       
Don't spill the beans. It's supposed to be a secret!   
别 说 溜 了 嘴, 这 是 个 秘 密 哦!

spring for                请 客       
Let me spring for dinner.
让 我 请 客 吃 晚 饭。
       
stand someone up                失 约; 让 人 空 等       
Paul didn't even call Amy to explain why he stood her up on Friday.         
保 罗 甚 至 没 有 打 电 话 给 艾 米 解 释 他 上 星 期 五 为 什 么 失 约。
       
stay out of it                不 介 入       
I'm going to stay out of their argument.
我 不 打 算 介 入 他 们 的 争 执。

step on it                赶 快 [it 指 油 门]       
Carol told the driver to step on it because she didn't want to miss her plane.     
卡 珞 告 诉 司 机 快 一 点, 因 为 她 不 想 错 过 飞 机。
       
stick around                1.在 附 近 待; 2. 逗 留
1. I think I'll stick around the house for a while.   
我 想 我 会 在 房 子 附 近 待 一 会 儿。
2. Stick around, the fun is just beginning!         
别 走, 好 玩 的 才 刚 开 始 呢!

stick in the mud                保 守 的 人       
Ginny is such a stick in the mud. She never wants to try anything new.  
詹 妮 真 保 守, 她 从 不 想 尝 试 新 的 东 西。

stink                讨 厌       
It really stinks that we have to work during the holidays.
我 们 连 假 日 都 得 工 作, 真 讨 厌。

stir-crazy                发 疯,
I wish it would stop raining. I'm going stir-crazy being cooped up in this house.  
希 望 雨 快 点 停, 我 整 天 关 在 家 里 都 快 发 疯 了。

store,in store                准 备 好(应 对)       
A typhoon is coming tomorrow, so we're all in store for a day of heavy rain and winds .     
明 天 台 风 就 要 来 了, 因 此 我 们 都 准 备 好 应 付 一 天 的 狂 风 暴 雨。

straight face                面 无 表 情       
He can never tell a joke with a straight face.
他 总 是 无 法 面 无 表 情 地 说 笑 话。

streak,a blue streak                很 快 的; 机 关 枪 似 的       
My grandmother could talk a blue streak when she wanted to.
我 祖 母 可 以 机 关 枪 似 的 说 话。

string someone along                欺 骗; 对... 卖 关 子       
Don't string me along.Tell me exactly where things stand now.
别 骗 我 了, 告 诉 我 东 西 在 什 么 地 方。

stuck-up                傲 慢 自 大       
Nobody likes him because he is so stuckup.
他 这 么 傲 慢 自 大, 没 人 喜 欢 他。

suck                烂
Don't buy things from that store. It sucks.
别 去 那 家 店 买 东 西, 那 家 店 很 烂。

suck eggs                可 恶
How could they cancel the concert? This really sucks eggs!
他 们 怎 么 可 以 取 消 演 唱 会 呢? 真 可 恶!

suck up to someone                拍 马 屁       
Ron gets ahead by sucking up to the boss.
龙 因 拍 马 屁 而 升 官。
       
sucker                白 痴       
What a sucker !  He bought five acres of real estate, then he found out the land is in the middle of a desert.   
他 真 是 个 白 痴! 买 了 五 亩 地, 却 发 现 那 些 地 在 沙 漠 中 间。
11楼2006-02-15 19:11:14
已阅   回复此楼   关注TA 给TA发消息 送TA红花 TA的回帖

Magic_Winds

sure thing                十 拿 九 稳 的 事       
This bet is a sure thing. You can't lose.
这 次 赌 注 你 必 定 会 赢, 不 会 输 的。

sweep off one's feet                (因 感 情 因 素) 令 人 神 魂 颠 倒       
He's handsome, he's intelligent, and best of all, he is rich. No wonder he swept me off my feet. I think I'm in love!     
他 又 英 俊, 又 聪 明, 除 此 之 外,他 还 是 个 富 豪。难 怪 他 会 令 我 神 魂 颠 倒, 我 想 我 爱 上 他 了。

take a shine to                有 好 感       
He really likes you. There  are  very  few people he takes a shine to right away.
他 真 的 喜 欢 你, 他 很 少 对 人 一 见 面 就 有 好 感 的。

take care of business                负 责       
Who's going to take care of business while I'm away?
我 不 在 的 时 候,谁 负 责 啊?
       
take it easy                放 松; 休 息       
You should take it easy for a while. You have been working too hard.     
你 该 休 息 一 下, 你 一 直 工 作 太 辛 苦 了。
       
take the rap                代 为 受 过       
I can't let you take the rap for something that I did.
我 不 能 让 你 为 我 做 的 事 代 为 受 过。

take, take it out on                对... 出 气       
Don't take your frustrations out on me.
别 把 气 出 在 我 身 上。

tapped out                破 产
I'm all tapped out. Can you loan me five dollars?
我 完 全 破 产 了,借 我 五 块 钱 好 不 好?

tell it like it is                实 话 实 说       
Jenny doesn't beat around the bush; she just tells it like it is.
詹 妮 不 拐 弯 抹 角, 她 实 话 实 说。
       
the breaks                运 气 不 佳       
Sorry, Susie, that's the breaks.
苏 茜,抱 歉,运 气 实 在 不 好。

the sauce                酒       
After her mother's death, she started hitting the sauce again.
她 妈 妈 死 了 之 后, 她 又 开 始 酗 酒。
       
thingamajig                (叫 不 出 名 字 的) 东 西       
To make it start, you just pull this  thingamajig out.
要 起 动, 你 先 把 这 个 东 西 拉 出 来。

third wheel                累 赘; "电 灯 泡"       
You two go on ahead. I don't want to be a third wheel.
你 们 两 个 去 好 了, 我 不 想 当 电 灯 泡。

throw a fit                大 发 脾 气       
Becky threw a fit when Richard cancelled their weekend plans.
里 查 德 取 消 他 们 周 末 的 节 目 时, 贝 琪 大 发 脾 气。
       
throw in the towel                放 弃; 投 降
It's too early to throw in  the  towel.  There's still hope.
现 在 放 弃 太 早 了, 仍 然 有 希 望 啊!

throw one's hat in the ring                宣 布 参 与       
Gerald didn't like any of the candidates that were running, so he decided to throw his own hat in the ring.      
杰 拉 尔 德 不 喜 欢 任 何 候 选 人, 因 此 他 决 定 自 己 参 选。
       
tide me over                暂 度 难 关       
I ran out of money before payday,so my father loaned me $2000 to tide me over.  
在 发 薪 水 前 我 把 钱 用 光 了, 因 此 父 亲 借 我 2000 元 暂 度 难 关。

top-drawer/top-notch                第 一 流 的       
This restaurant is top-drawer. They serve the best food in town.
这 家 餐 厅 是 第 一 流 的, 他 们 供 应 全 镇 最 好 的 食 物。

toss-up                不 分 轩 轾       
It's a toss-up between George and Carl; both candidates are good.
乔 治 和 卡 尔 两 位 候 选 人 都 很 好, 让 人 很 难 选 择。
       
total                全 毁       
He totaled his mother's car while driving intoxicated.
他 喝 醉 了 开 车, 把 他 妈 妈 的 车 撞 得 稀 烂。

turn in                上 床 睡 觉       
I'm so tired. I think I'll just turn in and see you in the morning.
我 累 死 了, 我 想 我 要 去 睡 觉 了, 明 天 见。

turn someone off                使...倒 胃 口;使... 厌 恶       
I was turned off by his rude manners.     
我 厌 恶 他 粗 鲁 的 行 为。

twist someone's arm                勉 强, 好 说 歹 说 地 要
I wasn't going to come, but he twisted my arm.
我 不 想 来, 他 却 好 说 歹 说 地 要 我 来。

under the weather                生 病; 不 舒 服
I'm feeling a little under the weather today. I think I'll go home early.   
我 今 天 有 点 不 舒 服, 想 早 点 回 去。

up for grabs                职 位 空 置 等 人 填 补       
Now that Mr. Reynolds is retiring, his position is up for grabs.     
雷 纳 德 先 生 要 退 休 了, 他 的 位 置 空 下 来 等 人 去 抢。
       
up front                预 先       
In order to hold your reservation, I'll need a 10% down payment up front.
为 了 保 留 你 的 预 订, 我 要 先 收 10% 的 订 金。

up in the air                悬 而 未 决       
Why did Charles leave so suddenly? All his affairs are up in the air.         
查 尔 斯 为 何 那 样 匆 匆 离 去? 他 的 事 情 都 还 没 有 搞 定 呢。
       
up shit creek                惨 兮 兮       
If mom catches you smoking in the house, You'll be up shit creek.
如 果 你 在 家 里 抽 烟 让 妈 逮 到, 你 就 惨 了。

up to here                受 够 了       
I've had it up to here with all your complaining. If you hate your job that much,just quit.
我 听 够 了 你 的 抱 怨, 要 是 你 那 么 恨 你 的 工 作, 那 就 辞 掉 算 了。

up,on the up and up                诚 实 可 靠
I checked out his story; he's on the up and up.
我 查 过 他 的 资 料, 他 诚 实 可 靠。

uppity                自 命 不 凡       
Don't be so uppity. You don't think we're good enough for you?        
不 要 那 么 自 以 为 了 不 起, 你 认 为 我 们 配 不 上 你 吗?

use one's head                动 脑 筋       
If you'd use your head once in a while, you wouldn't get into such messes.        
如 果 你 稍 微 动 一 下 脑 筋 的 话, 事 情 就 不 会 这 么 一 团 糟。 鰓alk out on                丢 开 不 管       
You can't walk out on me; I really need your help.        
你 不 能 丢 下 我 不 管, 我 正 需 要 你 的 帮 助。

washed up / all washed up                1.完了 2.戒 毒(=clean)       
1. I'm all washed up. I haven't been able to come up with a new invention in over a year.  
我 全 完 了, 整 整 一 年 都 没 有 新 发 明。
2. Don't worry. He's already washed up.
别 担 心,他 已 经 戒 毒 了。
       
way back                好 久 以 前       
We've been friends since way back.
我 们 老 早 就 是 好 朋 友 了。

weirdo                怪 物       
There's a weirdo in my neighborhood who always talks to himself as if  he's having an argument,I think he's really sick.
我 隔 壁 那 个 怪 物 经 常 自 言 自  语 好 像 和 人 争 辩 一 样, 我 想 他 真 的 有 病。

what's his name                不 知 名 的 小 子       
Tell what's his name to run an errand for me.   
告 诉 那 小 子 替 我 做 件 事。

what's up                如 何? 怎 样?       
Hi! I haven't seen you around in a while. What's up?
好 久 不 见, 近 来 如 何?

whatchamacallit                叫 不 出 名 字 的 东 西 [源 自 "what you may call it"]       
Bring me the whatchamacallit so I can loose this bolt.
把 那 东 西 拿 给 我, 我 要 放 松 这 个 螺 丝。

where it's at/where the action is                好 玩 的 地 方       
If you're looking for a good time, ask Tim. He knows where the action is.
如 果 你 想 大 玩 儿 一 通,去 问 吉 米, 他 知 道 哪 里 好 玩。
       
willies                毛 骨 悚 然       
Watching horror movies gives me the willies.
看 恐 怖 电 影 让 我 毛 骨 悚 然。

wimp                软 骨 头 "; 没 用 的 家 伙       
Harold is a real wimp. He lets everbody take advantage of him.
海 罗 德 真 没 用, 每 个 人 都 可 以 占 他 的 便 宜。
       
wind something up                结 束       
We'd better wind this meeting up. It's getting pretty late.
我 们 最 好 结 束 这 个 会 议, 现 在 已 经 很 晚 了。

wing / ad-lib                即 兴 作
Don't worry, you'll be great. If you forget a line, just wing it!
别 担 心, 你 很 棒, 如 果 你 忘 了 词, 就 随 口 编 吧!

wishy-washy                脚 踏 两 条 船; 犹 豫 不 决       
Don't be so wishy-washy. You have to take a stand one way or the other.
别 再 犹 豫 不 决 了, 你 必 须 有 所 选 择。

word,in every sense of the word                不 折 不 扣 的; 地 地 道 道 的       
Sherly is a professional in every sense of the word.     
雪 丽 是 个 地 地 道 道 的 专 家。
       
words,run out of words                无 话 可 说       
He talked easily with most people, but around Jane he often ran out of words and was silent.
他 可 以 轻 松 地 与 多 数 人 聊 天, 但 是 一 碰 到 简, 就 一 句 话 也 说 不 出 来 了。
       
words, take the words out of someone's mouth                说 出 别 人 心 中 的 话; 正 中 下 怀
When Sally said she was tired of homework, she took the words right out of  my mouth.   
塞 丽 说 不 想 做 功 课 时, 正 说 中 了 我 的 心 事。
       
work one's tail off                尽 力 而 为       
I worked my tail off on this project. The boss better appreciate it.
我 费 尽 心 血 做 这 项 计 划, 希 望 老 板 能 欣 赏。

work out                运 动; 做 体 操       
Jill works out for forty-five minutes every morning.
吉 尔 每 天 早 上 运 动 四 十 五 分 钟。
       
work something out                把 某 事 做 成       
I'm sure we can work this out. There are only a few details that need to be ironed out.   
我 保 证 我 们 可 以 把 这 件 事 情 做 成, 现 在 只 剩 一 些 细 节 要 解 决。

world-class                世 界 级 水 准       
This is a world-class hotel. All the important people stay here when they're in town.
这 是 家 世 界 级 旅 馆, 大 人 物 来 都 住 在 这 里。

worry wart                杞 人 忧 天 的 人       
Don't be such a worry wart, you have to learn how to relax.
别 杞 人 忧 天 了,你 要 学 会 看 开 一 点。

wrap up / wind up        完 成
Let's wrap this up in the next five minutes so we can all go home.
我 们 用 五 分 钟 做 完, 就 可 以 回 家 了。

write off                结 束; 取 消
The restaurant owner finally wrote off his failing business and sold the property to a washateria.
这 家 餐 厅 生 意 失 败, 终 于 结 束 营 业, 顶 给 了 一 家 洗 衣 店。

you can't win 'em all                不 可 能 每 项 都 赢       
Don't worry, you'll get them next time. You can't win 'em all!
别 难 过, 下 次 你 会 成 功, 你 不 可 能 每 项 都 赢 的 嘛!
       
you'd better believe something                不 必 说; 必 定       
Do I cook? You'd better believe I do.
我 会 煮 菜 吗? 那 还 用 说!

Youck / youcky                难 吃
This meal tastes youcky! Who burned it?
这 道 菜 真 难 吃! 谁 烧 的?

zero in                集 中 注 意 力       
To figure out what the problem is, we're going to have to zero in on this area.      
为 了 要 找 出 问 题 所 在, 我 们 必 须 集 中 注 意 力 在 这 一 点 上。

zone out                避 开; 隔 掉       
Living in New York city, you learn how to zone out the noises around you.
住 在 纽 约, 你 必 须 学 会 对 周 围 的 噪 音 听 而 不 闻。
       
zonk out                筋 疲 力 尽; 睡 着       
Bobby wanted to stay up to watch the late night movie, but he zonked out five minutes after it started.      
玻 比 昨 晚 想 撑 着 看 晚 场 电 影, 但 是 开 演 才 五 分 钟, 他 就 睡 着 了。
12楼2006-02-15 19:11:59
已阅   回复此楼   关注TA 给TA发消息 送TA红花 TA的回帖

ying406

木虫 (知名作家)

顺心 神怡 临风 飞扬

0.5

辛苦啦,很有意思,不相当有意思
妈妈的故事还在讲,哦,小孩子入梦乡,梦里的大树在说话,大灰狼变成了小姑娘!
13楼2006-02-15 20:41:44
已阅   回复此楼   关注TA 给TA发消息 送TA红花 TA的回帖

Magic_Winds

谢谢!!
俺一定加倍努力,为大家献上更丰富的帖子
14楼2006-02-16 17:49:58
已阅   回复此楼   关注TA 给TA发消息 送TA红花 TA的回帖

cicisuby

0.5

加油
15楼2006-05-10 13:27:21
已阅   回复此楼   关注TA 给TA发消息 送TA红花 TA的回帖
相关版块跳转 我要订阅楼主 Magic_Winds 的主题更新
普通表情 高级回复 (可上传附件)
信息提示
请填处理意见