|
|
33:外出旅行时
旅游信息问讯处在哪儿?
Where's the tourist information center?
Where's the tourist information center? (旅游信息问讯处在哪儿?)
Sorry, I'm a stranger here, too. (对不起,我也不是本地人。)
能给我一张免费城市地图吗?
May I have a free city map?
博物馆几点开馆?
When does the museum open?
When does the museum close? (博物馆几点闭馆?)
能告诉我这座城市有哪些好玩的地方吗?
Please tell me about some interesting places in this town.
Is there anything to visit here? (这儿有没有可看的地方?)
您对什么感兴趣?
What are your interests?
What are you interested in?
What kind of things are you interested in?
What do you like?
我对建筑感兴趣。
I'm interested in architecture.
都有哪些路线的旅行呢?
What kind of tours do you have?
What kind of tours do you have? (都有哪些路线的旅行呢?)
Well, we have... (是啊,我们有……)
What kind of tours are available?
What kind of tours do you offer?
What kind of tours are there?
请告诉我去的路线。
Please show me the way.
他们星期六开门吗?
Are they open on Saturdays?
有旅游车吗?
Are there any sightseeing buses? *sightseeing “观光,游览”。
Is there a sightseeing bus tour? (有旅游车游览团吗?)
Do you have any sightseeing bus tours? (你们有什么旅游车的旅行团吗?)
Are there any sightseeing bus tours? (有旅游车游览团吗?)
我想坐出租车旅游。
I'd like a tour by taxi.
我想要一个导游。
I'd like a guide.
我想要一位会日语的导游。
I want a Japanese-speaking guide.
I'd like a Japanese-speaking guide, please.
I'd like to request a Japanese-speaking guide.
Could we have a Japanese-speaking guide?
一天多少钱?
How much is it per day?
入场券多少钱?
How much is admission?
How much is the entrance fee?
买两张票。
Two tickets, please.
那个建筑物是什么?
What's that building?
它的历史有多久?
How old is it?
我们能进到里面吗?
Can we go in?
Can we go in? (我们能进到里面吗?)
Of course. (当然能。)
我们去看看那座城堡吧。
Let's go to see the castle.
多美的景色呀!
What a beautiful view!
我想多呆一会儿。
I want to stay longer.
我们走吧!
Let's leave now.
我想休息一会儿。
I want to rest a while.
I want to rest for a while.
I want to rest.
I want to take a rest.
这儿可以照相吗?
May I take a picture here?
Would it be all right if I took a picture here?
您能给我们照张相吗?
Would you take a picture for us?
Will you take a picture of us?
能和我一起照张相吗?
Would you mind posing with me? *pose “(为了绘画和拍照)摆出姿势、样子”。
我会把照片寄给你的。
I'll send the pictures.
哪儿有礼品店?
Where is the gift shop?
Where can I find the gift shop?
洗手间在哪儿?
Where's the bathroom?
Which way is the bathroom?
Is the bathroom around here?
Could you tell me how to get to the bathroom?
How can I get to the bathroom?
出去然后往左拐。
It's outside, to the left.
It's outside, on the left.
It's outside, to your left.
It's outside, on the left-hand side.
It's outside, on your left.
我能走得到吗?
Can I walk there?
Is it walking distance? *walking distance “能够徒步行走的距离”。
Do you think I could walk there? (你觉得我能走得到那儿吗?)
你最好坐公共汽车。
You should take a bus.
Can I walk there? (我可以走得到那儿吗?)
You should take a bus. (你最好坐公共汽车。)
It would be better if you took a bus.
I'd recommend taking a bus.
You'd better take a bus.
今天晚上的节目是什么?
What's on tonight? *on 除了表示“在……之上”之外,还有类似“电影上映,戏剧上演”的意思。
What's playing tonight?
What are you showing tonight?
一共演多长时间?
How long does it last? *last有表示“连续,持续”的意思。
How long will it last?
How long is it?
几点演完?
What time will it be over?
What time will it end?
34:遇到麻烦时
●语言不通
我想请一位日本人翻译。
I'd like to have a Japanese interpreter. *interpreter “口头翻译”。
我不会说英语。
I can't speak English.
No English! (我英文不行。)
我的英语不太好。
My English isn't good enough.
请安排一位会说日语的人。
A Japanese-speaking person, please.
请再说一遍。
Pardon me?
Aren't you John? (你不是约翰吗?)
Pardon me? (什么?请再说一遍?)
Excuse me?
I beg your pardon?
Could you repeat that?
您说什么?
What did you say?
您能慢一点儿说吗?
Would you slow down, please?
Please say it more slowly.
我们想请一位会说日语的导游。
I'd like a Japanese-speaking guide, please.
What can I do for you? (您有什么事?)
I'd like a Japanese-speaking guide, please. (我们想请一位会说日语的导游。)
I want a Japanese-speaking guide.
有会说日语的人吗?
Does anyone speak Japanese? *用于当无法用英文表达自己想说的事情时。
Does anyone here speak Japanese?
Is there a Japanese speaker here?
我们语言不通。
I can't make myself understood. *make oneself understood 表示“(用外语等)表达自己的意思,让别人明白自己的感觉”。
I can't get my point across.
I can't get through to him. (无法让他明白。)
我不知道这用英文怎么说。
I don't know how to say it in English.
I don't know it in English.
I can't express it in English. (我不能用英文表达。)
日语中的“义理”用英文怎么说?
How do you say “giri” in English?
How do you say “giri” in English? (日语中的“义理”用英文怎么说?)
You say, “obligation”.(用英文是obligation. What's “giri” in English?
How should I say“giri”in English?
How can I express“giri”in English?
What's the English word for“giri”?
英文管这叫什么?
What do you call this in English?
●失窃
叫警察!
Call the police!
Call the police! (叫警察。)
Sure thing! (好的。)
Please call for help! (快叫人帮助。)
我的包被偷了。
I had my bag stolen.
My bag was stolen.
Somebody stole my bag.
我该告诉谁?
Who should I report it to?
失物招领处在哪儿?
Where is the Lost and Found?
什么样的包?
What kind of bag?
What kind of bag was it?
里面都有什么?
What was in it?
里面有多少钱?
How much was in it?
我们找到后会跟你联系的。
We'll call you if we find it.
We'll contact you when we find it.
您能填一下儿这张表吗?
Could you fill out this form? *fill out表示在空白处填写。form为“表格。”
Please fill out this form.
请您写一下被盗经过。
Please give me a report on the theft. *theft “窃案,偷盗”。
Please fill out a report on the theft.
日本大使馆在哪儿?
Where is the Japanese Embassy?
我的护照丢了。
I lost my passport.
My passport is missing.
I can't find my passport. (我找不到我的护照了。)
I've misplaced my passport. (我忘了把护照放到哪儿了。)
这儿有会说日语的人吗?
Does anyone here speak Japanese?
能补发一本吗?
Can I get it reissued?
请取消我的卡号。
Please cancel my card number.
我该怎么办?
What should I do?
What should I do? (我该怎么办?)
You should ask the man over there. (你该去问问那边那个人。)
What do I need to do?
●呼救
十万火急!
It's an emergency!
快叫大夫!
Please call a doctor.
救命啊!
Help! *无论什么样的紧急情况下都可以用。
Help! (救命啊!)
What happened? (怎么了?)
Somebody! (来人呀!)
Help me! (帮帮我!)
小偷!
Thief! *遇到小偷或扒手时,用这样的喊声来引起周围人的注意。
Robber!
35:(商业信函用语)引言部分
第一段落 边陈述写信目的,边设定整体。
●收信
我们收到了您1998年4月14日的来信。
We have received your letter of April 14, 1998.
We have received your letter dated April 14, 1998.
我们收到了您的咨询函,非常感谢。
We thank you for your inquiry.
We have received your letter and thank you for your inquiry.
我们非常高兴从您的来信中获悉……
We are pleased to learn from your letter...
From your letter we have learned that...
我们收到了您1998年5月23日的来函查询,非常感激。
We are grateful for your inquiry of May 23,1998.
我们已经收到了您1998年6月6日的来信。
This is to acknowledge your letter of June 6, 1998.
●回信
我非常愉快地回复您1998年8月18日的来函查询。
We are pleased to respond to your inquiry of August 18, 1998.
We are pleased to answer your letter of August 18, 1998.
以下是就您1998年10月21日来信的回函。
We are writing in response to your letter of October 21, 1998.
We are writing with reference to your letter of October 21, 1998.
这是对您1998年10月29日来信的复函。
This refers to your letter of October 29, 1998.
这是对您1998年11月4日来信给予的答复。
This is in response to your letter of November 4, 1998.
●从来信中得知
我们高兴地从您的来信中得知……
We are happy to learn from your letter that...
From your letter we have learned that...
我们很遗憾地从您的信中得知……
We regret to learn from your letter that...
We are really sorry to learn from your letter that...
我们为我们的差错向您表示真诚的歉意。
We would like to offer our sincere apologies for the mistake. *“从内心发出的歉意”,用sincere apologies表示。
得知……真是太好了。
It is nice to know that...
It is nice to learn that...
It is nice to hear that...
为……我们很遗憾。
It is regretted that...
It is regrettable that...
●联系
我们非常愉快地通知您……
We are pleased to inform you that...
We are excited to inform you that...
We are happy to inform you that...
我们想通知您……
We would like to inform you that...
我们非常荣幸地通知您……
We take pleasure in informing you of... *用于转达好消息时。
We take pleasure in informing you that...
我们很遗憾地通知您……
We regret to inform you that... *通知的内容不太好时。
我们抱歉地通知您……
We are sorry to inform you that... *比用regret的语气要婉转。
请允许我通知您……
Please be advised that... *好、坏消息均可以用。
●随信附上
随信附上……
We will enclose... *enclose “装入信封”。
随信附上……的复印件
We are enclosing a copy of...
……复印件随信一并寄上。
There is a copy of... attached to this letter. *attach 有附上“大件的东西和主要东西”的语气。
Attached, please find...
附上了你要的……
Attached you will find...
附寄在内的是一份……的复印件。
Enclosed is a copy of...
Enclosed, please find...
A copy of...is enclosed.
●寄给……、请(对方)寄出……
我们将寄给你……
We will send you...
We are sending you...
We will mail you...
我们非常高兴地寄给你……
We are pleased to send you...
We are happy to send you...
我们另外再把合同书寄给您。
We are sending you the contract separately.
您能将……寄给我们吗?
Would you please send us...? *虽是口语,但给人有礼貌的感觉。
如果你能将……寄给我的话,我们将非常感谢。
We would appreciate it if you would send us... *表示对对方的感谢之情。If you would send us是假设条件句,意思是“我不知您是否能给我寄来,如果能寄来的话……”,这是对对方相当尊重的说法。
●认为对方收到了自己的信件
几个月前,我们曾就……事给您写了一封信。
Some months ago we wrote you regarding... *regarding “关于……”。
就……事我们至今没有得到您的回音。
So far, we do not seem to have received word from you... *催促什么事情时。
如果在1998年12月1日前还得不到您的回音的话,……
If we do not hear from you by December 1, 1998...*语气有些严厉。
有关……事,我们还未收到您的任何回音。
So far, we have not received word from you... *so far “至今为止”。
So far, we have not received any word from you...
●因回复迟了而表示歉意
很抱歉未能尽早给您回信。
We apologize for not replying to you earlier.
未能及时给您回信,我们深表歉意。
We are sorry for not answering your letter sooner.
We are sorry for not replying to your letter sooner.
We are sorry for not responding to your letter sooner.
久未回信,让您久等了。
Thank you for your patience. *patience “忍耐,耐心,耐性”。 |
|