Joint PhD Studentship (Hong Kong & Taiwan)
DFT-based Simulations of Energy Materials and Quantum Materials
Few PhD positions are available in this joint PhD project (Hong Kong & Taiwan)
1. Quantum codes: algorithm, formalism, and structure
2. High entropy alloy
3. Catalyst: Metal catalysts applied on fuel cells
Studentship Details :
The student will spend 1.5 years at Department of Engineering and System Science, National Tsing Hua University (NTHU, Taiwan) under the supervision of Prof. TY Chen and Prof. HY Chen, who has considerable experience in the field of heterogeneous catalysis. Another 1.5 years at Department of Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering, City University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong), the student will work with Prof. A Hu and Dr. JP Chou, who has considerable experience in the field of quantum materials.
Major responsibilities :
The main responsibilities are to pursue your doctoral studies. A successful student is expected to develop scientific concepts and communicate the outcomes verbally and in writing and gain the necessary skills to pursue a career in the future.
Position summary :
Full-time temporary employment. The position is limited to a maximum of 3 years of studies.
The successful candidates should have:
(1) Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, i.e., TOEFL (over 79, internet based) or IELTS (6.5 or above); or other test scores (like band 6 in the Chinese mainland's College English Test, with a minimum score of 490) that may be regarded as equivalent.
(2) Master of Science in Physics, Chemistry, Physical chemistry, or Mathematical Physics
(3) Basic concepts in quantum mechanics
(4) Able to work independently and take responsibility for progress and quality of the projects
Application procedure :
Application materials should be sent electronically and be attached as compressed (zipped) pdf-files, as below:
• (Required) CV
• (Required) Attested copies and transcripts of TOEFL (>79), IELTS (>6.5), or CET-6 (>490) Certificates
• (Optional) Personal Statement
• (Optional) Research Plan/Focus.
• (Optional) Previous research fields and main research outcomes.
• (Optional) Attested copies and transcripts of completed education and grades.
• (Optional) Two references that we can contact.
Starting Term: Spring 2018 or Fall 2018
Funding Notes : Contact Employer Supervisors
Dr. Jyh-Pin Chou, email@example.com (Department of Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering, City University of Hong Kong)
Prof. Hsin-Yi Chen, Tiffany firstname.lastname@example.org (Department of Engineering and System Science, NTHU, Taiwan)
Prof. Tsan-Yao Chen, email@example.com (Department of Engineering and System Science, NTHU, Taiwan)
Interested candidate please send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
[ Last edited by jpchou on 2018-3-18 at 11:04 ]